Man Attacked in Laneway
In the video below a man is attacked as enters a laneway in Chicago.
We can learn from this terrible video by using it to remind us of key concepts we discuss and practice our course.
The Situation Creates the Victim
- This man is young and looks fit and he tries to fight back, but he never gets into the fight
- He is punched to the head from close range and form there a second guy engages
- He is stunned and is now dealing with 2 attacked
- Was he monitoring is environment?
- Did you understand the fundamental shift that occurred once he turned down the laneway
- The assailants know the environment
- In the second video you can see the way for a potential victim to enter the laneway then they enter in a 2 stage assault
Don't die over Possessions
The man was bruised but will recover
For those who have taken my ground fighting classes
- Remember Psyco-Cycling
- Covering the head
- Get up fast using all 4 limbs
- Active scanning
- Predators wait
- always know who is within 10m
- You have 2 seconds
From this video, it's clear that the assailants wait around the laneway for a Victim to show up.
Instead of stalking they wait for someone to show up in a place that works for them.
They target his Backpack..perhaps believing there is a laptop inside
Don't Help Predators
Isolated/Dark areas suit predators .. by being present in these places they likelihood of an assault increases